Apples are a popular fruit to humans. Due to taste and numerous health benefits, apple has received great popularity. While most people like eating apples, do rabbits eat apples too?
Rabbit’s stomach is very sensitive. A sensitive stomach needs a particular diet to stay healthy and maintain a happy life. Therefore, you will need to be more careful about rabbit s diet.
However, the concern is can bunnies eat apples? Keep on reading and find out the answer.
Do Wild Rabbits Eat Apples?
Rabbit’s diet depends on the digestive system. They eat fruits only in a specific season when they can digest fruits properly. Seedless apples are safe for them. On a particular season, they are found to eat a small portion of apples.
Studies show that overeating of apples can hamper their digestive system, lessen heart bits, cause diarrhea, and vomiting. Possibly, rabbits naturally avoid consuming more apples.
Are Apples Good for Bunnies?
First, apples are not bad for bunnies. In fact, apples offer various health benefits to bunnies. The key thing is that you should obey some rules to get all the advantages for your bunnies. And that is serving apples in small portions to your small pets.
Do not try to show extensive affection, which may be harmful. As you already know larger quantities of apples may cause various health issues of rabbits.
How to Feed Apples Safely to Rabbits?
Feeding apples to bunnies require your extra care. This is not only a way to feed your rabbit, but it makes luscious bondage between you and your loving pets. The recommended ways to feed them are:
- Take small portions of apples. This is safe and will be a tasty treat. Adult bunnies can digest small portions easily. Before serving make sure to wash them properly so that no pesticides are there on apples.
- You can serve apples depending on their body weight. For instance, 1 teaspoon apple for the 1Ibs weight of the bunny.
- You should try hand feeding and this will allow you to understand the health condition of your rabbit. Otherwise, just keep apples on the place where rabbits normally go for eating.
- Slowly introduce this new food to them. Take time and let them suit to new foods. Do not introduce more than one food at a time.
- Inspect any change you find after feeding apples. Make sure the rabbit’s stool is not very softer. If it causes diarrhea, you can wait or reduce the amount of apple’s slice.
So, can you feed rabbits apples? Yes, no problem at all. Just watch over on the habits of your rabbits. And the same thing again, feed them in small quantity so that they can digest well. You can also read Can Bunny Swim?